According to FTC Guidelines, we will disclose if we receive any compensation for anything we say. We would like compensation, no doubt. But when we talk about a restaurant, bakery, or other place that serves food, we pay ourselves and tell what we really think. So, nobody pays us to tell you what we think. Booya. (but if you do want to give us money, let me know)
1) Are your lives really as glamorous as the seem?
Yes. They are. We do sometimes neglect to mention items related to posting bail, gastrointestinal distress, or a little thing we call Smeglamania.
2) What did you do for fun growing up in rural Arkansas.
We had a dirt pile and played in it every day. Sometimes we played, “Hey, watch this.” Most of the time we wandered into the woods and played near a body of water. How dangerous is that? Joy did not participate in these activities because Mother developed a kidnap paranoia after she came along.
3) Why does your mother think there are nothing but perverts on the internet?
She watches too much Nancy Grace and To Catch A Predator. She already has a portfolio in the event any of us are kidnapped complete with pictures and stats. (funny story, she once thought my oldest brother, Chad, had been kidnapped but was only trying to rent a huge TV for a Superbowl party at work. He was 40 and 6′4″, way too many pounds to worry about)
4) Did Joy really catch something on fire while cooking?
Yes, 200 acres. (Joy said it was really only three and it grew back greener than ever. We should burn more often)
5) If I know someone who would has great recipes they would like to share, how do I contact you? Would you put them on your site?
Email us at Dnaymay@redvelvetwisdom.com and we will talk about it. It is a definite possibility.
6) Can we use your pictures or stories?
It would thrill us for someone to want them, but we must grant permission in writing. Dena May and/or Joy Langdon own the copyright to all written work and photography.